Most people find the way to use cinnamon powder in cooking strange, but not everyone is aware of its use. Therefore, Vietnam cinnamon now is frequently used in food processing to add flavor and improve the nutritional value of the food.
This article shares 3 dishes made with cinnamon powder, you can use the same methods to create other dishes to your liking and the tastes of your family.
2 ways to use cinnamon powder in cooking photo 1
1. Cinnamon-infused grilled shrimp
- 1kg fresh black tiger shrimp
- 5 chopped purple onions
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 teaspoons of cooking oil, seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Black tiger shrimp are washed and drained, peeled if you like.
Add the prepared spices to the shrimp marinate.
After the shrimp has been marinated for 30 minutes, remove it from the fridge and bake it over charcoal.
Red-colored cooked prawns are both aesthetically pleasing and appetizing.
2 ways to use cinnamon powder in cooking photo 2
2. Braised pork with eggs marinated cinnamon powder
Despite braised pork belly is a well-known meal, adding cinnamon powder gives it a very distinctive flavor.
- 500g pork tenderloin
- 30 quail eggs or 10 duck eggs
- 1 sprung coconut
- 3 teaspoons pure cinnamon powder
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 10 red peppers
- Seasoning to taste: salt, sugar, seasoning
Meat should be cut to taste and marinated for 30 minutes in the above spices.
Put the pot on add oil and minced garlic. Once the oil and minced garlic are hot and fragrant, add the egg and the marinated meat mixture.
Put the meat and eggs in coconut water.
Cook for 30 minutes at low heat. Turn off the heat when the meat is tender.
Can be served with rice or vegetables & rolled rice paper.
2 ways to use cinnamon powder in cooking photo 3
3. Grilled ribs with a cinnamon marinade
- 1kg pork ribs
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons cooking oil (choose a BBQ oil)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (don’t put too much because when grilling ribs, it is very easy to burn on the outside but not on the inside)
- 3 teaspoons of seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder and star anise
- 1kg of charcoal
Prepare the serving of raw vegetables.
After washing, cut young ribs into bite-sized pieces
For 30 minutes, marinate the ribs in the marinade with all the spices.
To uniformly heat the fire, turn on the furnace, add coal, and let it burn until it reaches a high temperature.
Then put the ribs on the grill. The cooking for the ribs is between 5 and 10 minutes; make sure to turn it over evenly.
When eating raw vegetables that are served with cinnamon, the aroma is significantly different.
2 ways to use cinnamon powder in cooking photo 4