Take a moment and imagine everything you love about ooey-gooey iced cinnamon rolls with the simple perfection of a classic apple pie. This Vietnam cinnamon apple roll recipe is a great combination of the two. Today I will show you how to make apple pie with cinnamon roll.
Using pre-prepared spring rolls, you can easily create beautiful cinnamon rolls. They can easily open the roll, then roll it up beautifully with a cinnamon sugar filling. This creative crust can also be used to add visual interest and flavor to your next pumpkin pie.
Apple pie with cinnamon roll – For the shell:
1 pack (14.1 ounces) of roll paper, defrosted according to packing instructions
1/2 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 old man apples, thinly sliced
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
Apple pie with cinnamon roll – For the shell
Steps to take make apple pie with cinnamon roll
– Prepare the waffle roll. On a lightly floured surface, roll one of the pie crusts. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
– Ladle half of the mixture into the first pie crust. Spread evenly over the entire pie crust.
– Roll the pie crust into a tight spiral. Cut the finished spiral into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
– Arrange the sliced spiral slices below in a circle on the lightly floured surface. Do not let the slices touch each other and leave about 1/2 inch between each spiral.
– Use a rolling pin to flatten the spiral slices and squeeze them together into a 10-inch circle. The waffle crust will be about 1/4 inch thick. Press together any gaps to seal.
Apple pie with cinnamon roll step 6
– Gently place the first rolled waffle crust into a 9-inch glass cake pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
– Repeat the same steps with the second pie crust and the remaining half of the waffle filling to create the top crust. Roll between two pieces of parchment or wax paper. When you have rolled the crust into a 10-inch round, place on a baking tray, cover with non-stick film and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
– When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425 F.
– Peel and cut the apples into thin slices and place in a large bowl. Add the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and ginger to the sliced apples and mix well.
apple pie with cinnamon roll step10
– Pour the apple mixture into the chilled pie crust in the pan.
– Place the second pie crust on top. Pinch the edges together and press in with a fork.
– Place the cake on a rimmed baking tray to prevent water from dripping onto the oven floor. Bake at 425 F for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Line with foil after 20 minutes to prevent the crust from overcooking.
– Cool the cake on a wire rack. Meanwhile prepare to freeze.
– Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together until creamy. Beat with powdered sugar until well combined and desired consistency is achieved. If it is too thick, you can add a little more milk. If it’s too thin, you can add a little more powdered sugar.
– Pour ice over the cooled cake.
That’s the finished apple pie with cinnamon roll, enjoy this delicious cake with your family now!
Follow me for more delicious home recipes! Thanks everyone!