Instructions on how to make cinnamon powder, Cinnamon powder is known for many uses in daily life such as cooking, curing some common diseases or beauty.
Ingredients for Cinnamon Powder
- Cinnamon bark 200g
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
Instructions on how to make cinnamon powder
What is cinnamon powder?
- Cinnamon powder is made by grinding cinnamon bark (both Ceylon and Cassia cinnamon) into a powder, which has a reddish brown color and a very characteristic aroma. The shelf life of cinnamon powder is usually very long.
- Cinnamon powder contains many vitamins such as vitamin A, pyridoxine, niacin, pantothenic acid, and other minerals needed by the body (calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, magnesium, zinc). In particular, on average, each tablespoon of cinnamon powder contains up to 1.4mg of manganese, accounting for nearly 75% of the recommended daily intake of manganese for the body.
- In addition, cinnamon powder also contains a large amount of antioxidants and fiber that are useful for human health.
Microwave, blender, spoon, bowl, fork,…
How to make cinnamon powder :
- Preliminary processing of cinnamon
- Wash the cinnamon bark with clean water. In order for this cinnamon bark to dry, you should dry the freshly washed cinnamon bark in the sun for 2-3 hours.
- After the cinnamon has dried, break it into small pieces.
How to make Cinnamon powder image 2
We will make the cinnamon bark really dry by drying it in the microwave. Put all the cinnamon bark in a glass bowl, put in the microwave, adjust the heat to low and dry for 2-3 minutes.
After drying, you can test the dryness of cinnamon by breaking it, if it makes a loud and crunchy sound when breaking, the cinnamon is completely dry, if not, the cinnamon bark is not completely dry.
You continue to put it in the microwave to dry for another 2-3 minutes. You can repeat this step several times until the cinnamon is completely dry.
Puree to make powder
To make the cinnamon powder smooth and easier to grind, you should put half of the cinnamon in the blender to grind first.
After grinding, check the smoothness of the flour. If it is smooth, pour the cinnamon powder from the mill to the plate. In case the cinnamon powder is still not completely smooth, continue to grind the above mixture for 1 minute at the highest speed.
The finished cinnamon powder will have a beautiful dark brown color and a characteristic cinnamon aroma.
You can use cinnamon powder to process or marinate ingredients to make many attractive dishes.
Outstanding for its spicy, sweet and strong cinnamon flavor will definitely bring you a whole new taste experience.
How to make Cinnamon powder image 3
How to store cinnamon powder?
- The powder should be stored in a glass jar, tightly closed and stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- You should use a desiccant pack placed in the cinnamon powder container to minimize the situation that the cinnamon powder is damp, causing lumps or mold.
- You can store cinnamon powder in the refrigerator for 6 months. If the dough is lumpy, you can put it in a roasting pan to make the dough smooth again.
Above is a detailed guide on how to make cinnamon powder extremely simple and easy. Cinnamon powder with many diverse uses is a powder you should make to be able to coordinate with many dishes and use daily. Into the kitchen wish you success.